Red Feather is a group of passionate students who love high-quality independent music and want to facilitate in its creation. Red Feather was founded around 2013-2014 by Wesleyan alums Ismael Coleman (’15), Mikah Feldman-Stein (’16), Ron Jacobs (’16), David Stouck (’15) and Derek Sturman (’16).
The studio is located in the basement of the University Organizing Center (U.O.C.) on 190 High Street. If you can’t find the U.O.C., we’re across the street from Alpha Delt and next to the building formerly known as Eclectic. If you’ve found the building but can’t find the studio, we’re under the staircase.
Easy! Just fill out this form and do the following:
- Fill in your / your band’s information (members, equipment needs, etc.);
- List all of your availabilities for the week (please list multiple time slots);
- Submit your request by noon the Sunday before the week you wish to work.
We will then match you / your band with an engineer and a confirmation email will go out confirming your studio time for the week.
Anything. Seriously, anything.
- Have a band? Play it live or mix it later.
- Rapper? Make beats in the studio or bring your own.
- Wrote a musical? Record it for anyone to listen.
- In an a Capella group? This one should be obvious.
- Creating a podcast? Our recording studio is comfortable for several people to sit and chat.
- Interviewing someone? Make it sound perfect.
- Slam poet or other? Share your voices the way they’re meant to be heard.
- Soothing voice? Narrate an audiobook!
If you’re looking to book a session, just fill out this form.
If you want to join our staff, come to our XXX meetings in Boger Hall! We are always looking for more people to engineer, write original content, or play an administrative role in Red Feather. We meet in Room XXX at XXXPM once every week. No experience required, we will train you!
No worries! Red Feather is open to anyone and everyone, regardless of past experience. If you want to be on staff, we will train you to engineer. If you want to record, one of our engineers will guide you through the studio. Sessions are free, so don’t be afraid to experiment!
Post on the RF Forum! We set up a new community for talented people to network and organize groups. Just post what you want to do / who you’re looking for and in time you’ll find people as passionate as you.